Saturday, January 21, 2006

Confession Box : It Only Takes Yong Joon


I've a confession to make but please...please...do not laugh at me. Here goes...

After several years, I set my footprints again inside a moviehouse. Only Bae Yong Joon's "April Snow" made me do it again ever since watching Troy.

Wait, do not get me wrong. I love movies but I do not go inside a moviehouse to watch. I would rather see the movie I like at home than go to a theater. Well, I think you all very well know why I've to go and see "April Snow" in the big screen. So, I need not elaborate on it anymore.

"April Snow" for the 1st time : It was on a Thursday right afte work and I was with my girl friend who is not even a BYJ nor a K-drama fan.

Result : Awesome! I love the movie and it made me cry especailly the last part when I saw the flowerbeds covered with snow. My non-k-drama friend like the movie and she was able to get the story of AS without any explanations coming from me. Amongst the two of us, she was the first one to shed tears (ops sorry I forgot which part).

"April Snow" for the 2nd time : Friday, a day after watcing for the very first time. This time around I was with a fellow BYJ, So Ji Sub and k-drama fan. She's a Soompier as well. It was also her 2nd time to watch AS but it was only on the 2nd time that she was able to understand and appreciate the ending.

Result : Awesome! Love it for the 2nd time. Thought I saw AS already, I was even more excited to see it the 2nd time. Like what everyone has been telling over the other fora, you'll get to discover more from watching and get to feel the feelings of the characters.

"April Snow" for the 3rd time : It was Monday (holiday), at MegaMall. I was with seven (7) frriends from soompi ~ Ellabel, Gigi, Elvie, Brooklyn, La Med, Ann and Cha. These soompiers are from different threads and favor other actors than Yong Joon. Ella, Elvie, Gigi and Cha are friends from LBH thread. Brooklyn is a KSW fanatic and La Med is a Rain diehard. I've known the LBH hunnies for already quite a long time, and had the opportunity of meeting La Med and Brooklyn on that day only.

Result : Same as the 1st and 2nd time...Awesome! This time around, I need not concentrate more on the movie. I just focused myelf on Yong Joon. Because I was with a big group, watching AS in silence was very difficult. And since they knew that I already saw AS 2 times, I've to explain some scenes to them. Overall, I believe that they like the movie though some common "negative" comment that I got was "That's it? No more?". According to them, they were able to understand AS but they think that there should be more.

Having watched "April Snow" 3 times, I'm still clamouring to see it again. I was actually supposed to see it for the 4th time, but the moviehouse that my friends were sugesting us to see AS is about 1 1/2 hours drive from where I work including the traffic. I would have said yes but told them that I will not be driving. Since my other friend (the one i was the 2nd time) did not want to drive as well, I decided not to watch anymore and just wait for the DVD which will be released sometime December.

So there it goes, only Bae Yong Joon made me set my footprints again inside of a moviehouse. Not only once, but 3 times. Craziness? Nah, it's BAEziness!!

And the secret is already out.

1 comment:

bbmag said...

i think watching AS for the first time on the big screen is the best-est :)