Saturday, March 18, 2006

[Trans] A postscript of the editor of GQ Korea

Another MUST READ!

[Trans] A postscript of the editor of GQ Korea
A postscript of Lee Choong Gul, Editor of GQ Korea

korean to english translation by gualsan

GQ Korea doesn’t join the strange trend of producing pictures to serve celebrities.

When an actor or a singer asks for ‘exclusive’ report at the meeting with GQ, I think the request is funny, because among them, I can hardly find one who gives the feeling of ‘totally exclusive existence'.

I was pleased to know that he was such an ingenuous person when BYJ, the man who was the symbol of ‘exclusive existence’, agreed to take pictures with GQ without any condition.

At the meeting, I was pleased that he concentrated courteously with keen sense on how will the shooting take place, instead of asking ‘where are we going’, ‘can I take my friends with me’, ‘where are we staying, what are we going to eat’.

This firm and upright man accepted our proposal, which was to make him disheveled. The Editor could propose to make a totally different BYJ based on one’s trust to the photographer Hong Jang Hyun.

The photographer has his own taste and angle. The most important of all was that we had the same feeling on the moment that should be shot. Most photographers don’t press the shutter button at the moment the Editor feel is important. He didn’t miss the cool, moody expressions that came out momentarily from BYJ, who was a beautiful subject exceeding our expectation.

Let me tell one more thing. The major contributor to the pictures of BYJ was BYJ himself. I won’t say what happened there. I will just say that the Editor came to admit that there IS a special ‘aura of the actor’ after shooting with him.

No comments: