Sunday, July 09, 2006

Kang Jun Sang

i'm not sure if i posted this before, but before i fell in love with bae yong joon, i first came to love kang jun sang.

when winter sonata was shown in our country 3 years ago. i didn't know who bae yong joon then. i just watched the series because i was drawn to the handsome actor, theme song, and the story of winter love song. i didn't even have any idea how the series will end up. i didn't even tried going to the net and search until i was in the middle of the series and really got zapped by bae yong joon.

ok, kang jun sang...

i love everything about kang jun sang. his coolness, the sweet smile, the gaze that can melt, his velvety voice, the way he lights and puffs his cigar, his snobbish look, his tenderness, his playfulness, even his coldness.

the tall, lithe school teenager with an arresting attractiveness unexpectedly ingnited a raging fire that i'm powerless to control ^ ^ armed with backpack and wearing a school uniform, he cut a striking figure. at the bus ride going to his school, jun sang held me spellbound. like a teenager i can feel my face blushing like seeing my crush after school vacation.

i never dared imagine that the bus scene would head me straight to bae-ziness.

the bus ride really did it for me.


and here are some scenes of jun sang's that swept me off my feet.

the bicycle ride...

the kiss at the bench...


when he played "first time"...


the snowball throwing...


when the snowflakes from the tree was falling down his face

the making of the snowman...

but jun sang has to "die". when he "died" i cried pails of tears. it was as if my first love left me as well. i can feel the pain of yujin.


but jun sang didn't die and we all know that he became lee mhin hyung. well, lee mhin hyung is another story and he's my other love.

it's funny how until now i want to see the story of jun sang or shall i say i want him to have lived longer in winter sonata. but winter love song would not have been a beautiful story if jun sang had lived longer, right?

here are some more photos of the handsome young jun sang ~











12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah leizle,

it's amazing how a 30 year old actor can have the innocent and fresh face like a 18 year old?! I am re-watching Winter Sonata now for the 20th time and still can't move my eyes away whenever BYJ appears.

Too bad these kind of scenario do not happen now when most students ride or even drive their cars to school. The "bus" romance is like a dream! If Jun-Sang sat next to me in a bus, I definitely would NOT fall asleep! (I'll either faint or act like an idiot.)

marissa said...

liezle,

We fell in love with the same character in WLS and you described his charms better than I could.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

yokee 요키 said...

im also a 'joonsang' person ^^

like u..i started off with joonsang not knowing who BYJ is. i din exactly 'fall' for him at first sight too. it was only that particular snowball throwing scene where he was smiling n laughing away n doing that wink. oh~~~@@~~~~
after which i fell head over heels for both joonsang and..of cos BYJ ^^

liezle said...

jaime, i'm really glad that yong joon decided to take the role of joonsang. back then in 2002 you can already see his versatility as an actor.

a bus ride with joonsang...geez i also do not know what i'll do. probably just like you i'll act like an idiot o_0

liezle said...

hi hi tet/marissa, long time no see ^^ did i do justice in describing joonsang?

btw, i forgot to write, that i also like joonsang's hair. how i wish i can run my fingers to his beautiful shinny black hair ^^

liezle said...

that wink! i love love love that! i still remember when the first time i saw it on tv. i froze when he smiled and did that wink! he's so gorgeous in the scene! and when i bought my own copy, you bet i kept on pushing the rewind button for that scene ^^ and even took a photo from my mobile phone. *^_^*

bae-ziness indeed!

bbmag said...

hahah, seems like jun sahng's really stuck in everyone's head. yea, me too... haha, my first k-love :p

and yea, liezle, you did a beautiful job describing the charms of jun sahng.

HeippieH said...

Just saw this. I love Jun Sang too. He looked almost totally different from Mhin-hyong but almost totally the same man. I can't imagine how BYJ did it. He plays magic. His acting as an 18 year-old high school solitary lad was incredible. The Winte Sonata will be timeless because of BYJ.

h.

liezle said...

thanks bb for your complement *blushing*

joon sang seems to have made a lot of women happy and sad. hee, good thing that lee mhin hyeong was there to rescue us from getting depressed and heartbroken.

liezle said...

hello h! *liezle waving*

winter sonata is a classic. no k-drama for me will ever take it from the #1 spot.

yong joon as a teenager is so convincing. he just awesome!

thanks for dropping by ^^

liezle said...

btw h, it was mention in joanne's tranlated article today that yong joon will be playing the teenager king. hee, i'm so excited to see that. looks like he'll be transformed to look like a teenager once again.

annacronism said...

I agree, sis Leizle. I fell in love with the character of 'young' Joon Sang, too. He was so shy, but he wasn't afraid of anyone or anything. And he was really smart. He also had good manners and respect for Sang Hyuk's father and for his own teacher. All the things I like in a drama character. He was just so adorable and so believable as young Joon Sang. I fell really hard when he looked at Yu-Jin on the bus, and then shyly looked away. I was like Choi Ji Woo's character; my heart fluttered. :-)