Wednesday, September 10, 2008

so ji sub 'rough cut' random interviews & photos

tomorrow, september 11 so ji sub's movie 'rough cut' will open in theaters in south korea. after almost 3 years not being able to act due to his commitment to his country [mandatory enlistment in the army], everyone's eye will be on ji sub as they pulse his comeback through this movie.

since the presscon about some 3 weeks ago, ji sub has been giving interviews to several well known magazines to promote his movie. and to the delight of his fans, they're treated almost every day with new photos of this ruggedly handsome, sexy momjjang [beautiful body] , melancholy eyes, 32-year old korean ganji [stylish, commonly associated to hiphop].

here are words straight from ji sub's mouth as i collected some of them from his interviews [thanks to all the translators! ^^] ~

- asked about the grade of his acting skills, he said,

“I give 51 marks for my acting.”

- his though on marriage

“I'm not thinking of getting married immediately, there are too many people getting divorced around me. I had a hard life when I was young, and maybe it’s because of this, it is difficult for me to act blissful.”

source : Digital Chosun
Translated by khwy for Jisubaddicts.com


- his thoughts about the present

"Even if there is a time machine, I will not wish to be anywhere else. I'm contented with my life at present. I'm contented being able to be an actor. I like my life at present and the current me."

- his thoughts on marriage

"Absolutely no plans to marry. But the plan is urgent to find a girlfriend." (laughs).....

on another interview he said that he'll let his hyeong Song Seung Hun and Bae Yong Joon marry first. ^^

- his thirst for hunger

"In this whole year, I'm only acting in this one movie. I've rested for too long, although it is not my wish to do so...... Now, I wish to be an actor with many productions."

source : www.sina.com.cn
translated from chinese to english by cheyenne / jsa


- question from W reporter if he is seeing someone

"No. I will be eating in the car, if I am seeing someone. Well, we can’t go to the restaurants. Most celebrities are like that."

- his view on celebrities appearing in entertainment programmes

"It is a little disheartening. The ability to act well is no longer sufficient for an actor these days, you have to be a jack of all trade. Not only do you need to be able to sing, but also to tell jokes to rouse the mood. It is fortunate that someone like me had debuted much earlier."

source : W Magazine, September 2008 issue Chinese to English translation by khwy for Jisubaddicts.com Korean to Chinese translation in Sojisub Taiwanese fan club by bjzi268












btw, 'rough cut' were given rave reviews by critics and viewers during its 2 premieres. in this movie, kang ji hwan [hong gil dong] is also with him.

for photos from the 2 premieres, click here, here here, here, here, here, here and here.

No comments: