Tuesday, May 05, 2009

It is still 'Winter Love Song' after 6 years!

I've been reading news about this since last night but could post anything about it since I want to get confirmation on what I've read.

Thanks to moichan for confirming what I read and posting the good news in KOB [Korean Official Board].

I was introduced to WLS in 2003 and up until now the drama remains to be one of the best korean dramas that i've seen. For me it's a classic.

In the news, WLS has been chosen the best (the most favorite) of all drama shown in NHK BS channel in Japan. To commemorate the 20th year of the network, NHK conducted a poll asking viewers 'What is the best TV program broadcast in BS for the past 20 years. And we already know the result which was announced last night... korean drama 'Winter Love Song' which stars Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo.

From the 160,533 votes 20,375 or 13% voted for WLS.

According to Mariko's post in BYJ thread @ soompi, the rest on the best 10 list are all Japanese programs. She also wrote that WLS will be aired again starting May 28

As the result was announced last night, Bae Yong Joon send a congratulatory message to NHK and to the viewers. [i'll be posting the video later]

Here's Yong Joon's message as translated by moichan from Japanese to English which she shared on KOB.

Hello!

This is BYJ.

Firstly, I'd like to [send my] congratulations on the 20th year anniversary of NHK BS.
I heard WLS was chosen the best (the most favorite) TV
program of all aired so far.I'm very happy about that
since WLS was a drama which made us closer.
Even now I clearly remember the memorable day
when I first visited Japan to greet Japanese audience five years ago.

From now on, as an actor and individual,I'd like to meet you
on many occasions to bridge Korea,Japan and other Asian countries.
Be happy and stay healthy !

Thank you very much !

Bae Yong Joon
April, 2009

No comments: