Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bae Yong Joon... 'The Press Conference'

Like what I mentioned in my previous post, Yong Joon look more relaxed when he was inside the National Central Museum where the presscon was held with over 300 media in attendance.

From the previous photos, you can see the difference of his smile and his aura.

Btw, for those who might have missed it, Yong Joon was hospitalized last Thursday due to blood poisoning and was only discharged yesterday afternoon.

I was mad at him when he insisted that the presscon be carried out. I was even saying in my post here and at soompi that i think that they should postponed in later this week since I'm certain that the media will understand.

Bae Yong Joon with his VIP guests 'his maestros'

But after seeing his guests at the presscon I then realized why he sacrificed his health and insisted on this. His guests of honor were his teachers while he was doing the book. I'm even prouder of him. He's such a considerate man. [but.... sssshhh... i'm still mad at him for not taking care of his health]

The Press Conference...

Before I post some of the photos at the presscon, let me first share this translation by Joanne posted on BYJ's Quilt.

This article talks about some of the questions thrown at Yong Joon. He again mentioned that he wants to be a farmer in the future.

From internet homepage of Maeil Business (Maekyeong)
Korean to English translation by Joanne on BYJ's Quilt
[BYJ Q&A] BYJ, "I want to be a farmer in the future"
[Maeil Business]9/22/09 15:21:27


BYJ, having been treated in a hospital recently for the diagnosis of sepsis, attended in healthy appearance the press conference on publication of the 'Travel left to explore the beauty of Korea', that was held at the main auditorium at the National Central Museum in Yongsan in the afternoon on the 22nd, and revealed the reason for writing the book, & course and his opinion, etc.

On that day, around the press conference venud, fans flocked from in and out of Korea shouted "We love you, BYJ", as expected for outing of the top star, and as over 400 domestic and foreign reporting crew from over 300 media flocked in, reflecting hot interests.

BYJ,appearing after trimming hair style with tails and wearing black suits, introduced, "It is not a professional liberal art book. This is the book I put the materials that I personally experienced in our traditional culture as I moved around various regions in entire nation."

Following that, he invited 11 representative master artisans, who provided help to write the book and told behind stories as he introduced them one by one, saying, "I feel honored as I could have been with those people who are here, and as I can introduced them in this occasion."

Also, he gave (them) greetings of appreciation, saying "I thank them as they made me realized what is more important than money and reputation. I learned from these teachers heart to put in sincere heart."

In particular, he told, "If I would like to add one more in my occupation column, I like to add the 'farmer',", saying "I want to be a farmer. I want to step on ground, and to touch soil. Planting something and making it to produce fruits seems like a tremendously happy thing."
'Travel left to explore the beauty of Korea-BYJ' contains over 200 photos that BYJ personally experienced Korean tradition (from) 11 representative master artisans in various fields in Korea & 13 contents related to the traditional culture, to various regions of Korea.

This book, following pre-sale at 800 million won in Japan, is running at the top of reservation sale in Korea also, showing off BYJ's star power.

BYJ will plan to hold a commemorative meeting for publication along with Korea's master artisans in various fields, who were introduced in the book first in Korea to commemorate the publication of the book in both nations of Korea and Japan. In particular, he plans a large scale commemorative event for the publication together with 50,000 fans in the Tokyo Dome in Japan on the September 30.


▶ How is your health at present.

I am sorry to make you worry. I gained much strength after meeting teachers. I am recovering well.

▶ What is the momentum to write the book and how you feel (about the book)?

The moment to wirte the book are so many. There was a shameful event when I could not answer properly when asked to introduce famous tourist sites iin Korea at a press conference in Japan. Also, I planned (the book) from a though to introduce good tourist spots in Korea after watching that Japanese fans returned to Japan after having the events, and the reason why the book concept became cultural travel book or book about experience is because I thought that the places that one might pass by without paying much attention would be meaningful if there is prior understanding of culture, feeling, and people of Korea, before introducing famous spots and restaurant with tasteful foods.

▶ Did you really write the book by your self from the beginning to the end.

Asking Ryu Sihyeon, master of ceremony, (Have you read book? How was it?) I wrote it personally.

▶ What are the selection criteria on the contents that are introduced in the book, and how much are you satisfied.

Fields that I was curious about and fileds that I liked. Several of them were from recommendations. None of them was produced unreasonably but they were naturally accomplished as if riding on a flow. The process of meeting one person after another by reading books, reading newspaper, and by introduction from someone, was the very destiny (karma) in my thought. It is difficult to be satisfied, isn't it. Because it is always wanting, I can be satisfied in next project. It was difficult to keep cut-off time for the manuscript. (Laugh)I was able to write when (the cut off time was) just around the corner… (Laugh) I know that staff who worked on the finishing job suffered a lot. I would like to give them a word of apology taking this occasion.

▶ Do you have any planning idea about next book also.

I feel that present is the point of time to agonize over the next work as an actor rather than a book. Because absent period was too long, my heart feels sorry to Family. I feel that there is mysterious attraction that working on a book gives (to me). If I happened to write a book again in next time, introducing famous places and restaurants with delicious food … I would like to make book mainly with photos containing a little amount of writing.

▶ Where was the most memorable tourist place.

Oh my, it is a difficult question. The ruins of Hwangryong Temple seems to linger in my memory the most. Although it is the place whre there is nothing at all at present, it was place where my heart became heavy and place that made me think many thoughts. It is the place that I thought 'There seems to be something I had seen', 'I have to see something visiting there again', when I thought after I came home.

▶ Among your experiences in traditional culture, what is the occupation you thought that you would do it for the longest period of time.
For me, farming. I want to be a farmer.

▶ What is the reason for it?

You know how to do farming, don't you? I want to step on ground. I want to touch soil. Planting something and making it to bear fruits seems like a tremendously happy thing." If I would like to add one more in my occupation column, I like to add the 'farmer'. I wonder if the topic of today's article would be 'Becoming a farmer', It is not, is it? (laugh) I will never become a singer. When I become a farmer later on, I will sing for you. If there is not the name of actor BYJ, I think that name of writer BYJ also would not have happened.

Reported by Jin Hyanghee,happy@mk.co.kr/Photo by Kang Youngkook
Copyright ⓒ Maeil Business, Star Today, mk.co.kr.

http://news.mk.co.kr/outside/view.php?year...9&no=496576


***

Reposting some of the photos from different portals with captions translated by Joanne and shared on BYJ's Quilt.

Vivarijuni posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's offcial home.
Korean to English translation by Joanne on BYJ's Quilt

BYJ, 'carefully concentragint to listen to questions~'

BYJ, 'carefully concentrating to listen to questions~'

I am thirsty~]

BYJ "What want to do the most is farming"

BYJ, "The most difficult thing was to finish in time"

BYJ 'Agony of the writer?'

BYJ 'slightly tense(?)'

BYJ immersed in thoughts

BYJ, I ask your favor for the book

BYJ immersed in thoughts, "I am learning Geomoongo
(one of traditional Korean string musical instrument)

BYJ, "pushing up his hair'

BYJ, "I feel like laughing'

BYJ, 'The regrettable points after the publication
of the book are 'mis-spellings'

Meticulous BYJ, writing memo about the questions

BYJ,'with his head dropped'

BYJ after finishing commemorative meeting
for the publication 'his eyes are wet'

BYJ's hand with clearly visible needle (for IV infusion) marks

BYJ introducing master artisans one by one

BYJ "Dear teachers, Please come this way."

'Beautiful actor of Korea' BYJ

BYJ "I have learned a lot from those teachers."

BYJ 'smiling brightly too when he answers'

Here are more photos from the presscon.



























No comments: